In the years that the resort was growing in popularity, this short film helped in that process. Abandoned Central. When you do, you'll discover that this store is little more than a desert mirage, with no inventory or staff -- and you cant even walk inside. We went to the hospital late at night with flashlights. Leave your thoughts in the comments below! We are a 100 year old Family restaurant, lounge, old hotel. It is dark at night and somewhat winding. Lacking water outflow causes the Salton Sea not to have a regular natural stabilization ecosystem. This mansion on an island off the coast of Georgia once belonged to a 108-year-old heiress. Proof of this can be found at this subterranean site in the Mojave National Preserve, where a trail that traverses black, tar-like rocks leads to a lava tube. Use the "Browse" or "Choose File" button below to select an image to upload along with your comment. Also, Native American apparitions have been seen near the railroad tracks and doors have been known to close by themselves. This should encourage you to seek out other places and realize there's always something more to discover. It growled at me and my mom. The sound of a woman sobbing is also heard on floor 2. The third time I went by myself for a bit waiting for someone. No one inside the restroom has seen him, as he seems to vanish after walking in. Henry Ford's failed rubber plantation in the middle of the Amazon rain forest. Its fun im really into it. Chimes are said to herald her appearance. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrman5919/275 http://www.pbase.com/pixtorial/gafb_project, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Air_Force_Base, http://cfpub.epa.gov/supercpad/cursites/csitinfo.cfm?id=0902737. Though the top hardened as it cooled, lava continued moving beneath, carving tunnels as it churned along. Others ghosts freely roam around, particularly in the underground levels of some of these stores. 1) The Wurzbach House in Rio Medina: it once housed early settlers of the area, but now only dust and sprawling tree roots settle in their place. Also not sure if it was a result of the environmental issues, but there were insane amounts of birth defects, miscarriages, and stillbirths in that hospital I was told by my mother that some women would refuse to go to that hospital when they went into labor(her included, when my sibling was born.). My goal was to assist explorers in finding new spots to visit, while also promoting safe and ethical urban exploration, and not divulging the specific location of these places. Actual Demon face pic @ George air force base. The act of urban exploring is going into abandoned and dilapidated buildings that are often fenced off or hidden away from the general public. Witnesses have heard footsteps in the sheriff's bedrooms, a mannequin in a display changes clothes by itself, and an apparition has been seen working in the kitchen and dining room areas. Security guards working night shifts in the centre have reported that when the leave a room and return later, that all the chairs will have been moved around. Witnesses say phones have rung throughout the night, mostly coming from Wave Cove. The ghost of a man named George has been seen here; it is said he was an embezzler who either killed himself or was murdered. Tickets: $24.99 - $39.99. No purchase necessary. (Submitted by Chris), A green, glowing mist is sometimes seen. The doctors/nurses always all seemed very aggravated/mentally agitated for some reason, and I just got hair raising vibes from it (even while it was a functioning occupied building.) Urban Exploring is all about, well, exploring. Another person took a photograph around this area only to have a little girl show up when the photographer was alone. Id also have recurring dreams of seeing my own grave when I lived there. Cold spots and sudden gusts of wind also have been reported in the area. The ghost crosses the street as cars approach, and then disappears. I would love to hear them! ive been many times sometimes id hear a loud bang in the distance or whistling. 30 photos of abandoned summer camps that will give you the creeps Talia Lakritz Graffiti in an abandoned Girl Scouts camp warns people to turn around. Curious investigators should wear masks considering this place contains many toxic materials around, but many EVPs are captured here as well as strange figures on video and camera. Hesperia, CA (12.0 mi.) This resource was made after having trouble locating interesting spots to explore in my local area. How To Find Abandoned Places With Google Maps In 2023, Exploring Abandoned Hospitals and Asylums: A 2023 Overview, The 9 Most Important Urban Exploration Tips And Rules 2023, Caught Trespassing? Farrandsville Iron Furnace. Located on a lonely stretch of U.S. 90, this is a roadside attraction that's as mysterious as it is intriguing, and just beckons road-weary travelers to stop and investigate. I am usually the last one to leave the bldg for the day and must ensure all the clinic doors are locked. Ive been there once and somthing followed me home. Has anyone seen the lady with the red hair and green eyes lately? Just came home from there nothing special. Probably, the film with the most cultural and aesthetic influence is the surreal 2010 documentary by the Israeli-born director and filmmaker Alma Harel. People claim to feel "presences" and cold spots throughout the town. Other than George, three other ghosts are said to be here. Like Atlas Obscura and get our latest and greatest stories in your Facebook feed. Abandoned trailers at Salton Sea, Marina Beach. Both had moved West due to suffering from 'Consumption' (Tuberculosis). Private property should be respected at all times, as should all posted signs concerning trespassing, hours of operation and other local regulations. Can you send me it plzzzz!!! a week later we planned to go back, but then something came up and we had to reschedule, a few days before the next shoot my buddy calls me to let me know that he refuses to go back! Hawks Head Cemetery is allegedly the burial site for Flora, Al Capone's mistress. ), flush toilets, and move objects around. So his story goes, he badly wanted a pair of shoes but his mother said no. Id almost equate her to like when Pennywise from IT would randomly pop up. This volcanically volatile island town is home to an abandoned series of tunnels left by the Japanese during WWII. I still randomly have her pop into a dream from time to time. The hotel was a notorious hangout for gangsters in the 1920's and 1930's, and was also the scene of many murders, as well as front for an illegal gambling parlour. Many "ghost hunters" have been arrested because they failed to contact property owners and/or local authorities ahead of time. Its been about 7.6 million years since the first cinder cones burst upward from the Earths crust, and the lava didnt stop flowing until only 10,000 years ago. The ghost crosses the street as cars approach, and then disappears. A ghostly woman in white has been seen in the bar area of the hotel, and has also been seen Nunica Cemetery has been around since 1883, and throughout its history there have been many mysterious, and paranormal activity surrounding the Cemetery. At Taco Lita, witnesses have seen the apparition of an elderly man in a yellow sweater walk in the men's restroom door. 5. George Air Force Base was decommissioned in 1992 and has been left to fall into disrepair ever since. All rights reserved. If you've had a paranormal experience here, or have any additional information about this location, please let us know! The first is a ghostly face that has been staring into guests rooms from outside the inn, only to vanish when approached. St. Kilda is one of those abandoned places that sticks with you long after you scroll past its hauntingly beautiful photos. Please note: It is your responsibility to acquire appropriate permissions before investigating any location listed on this site. Highlighted on the Travel Channel's 'America's Scariest Haunts', The Haunted Hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp District is bound to get your adrenaline going. I love the houses also there accesable. (Submitted by Callum Swift). Local legend tells of a 1988 waitress who was strangled and left in the trunk of a car behind the inn. The disembodied voices of ghost children have been heard, and a white mist has been reported as well. If u want to check us out first we are on facebook search L.A.P.S. The authors of this page are not responsible for any of the actions taken by the readers of this page. At Sunnyslope Cemetery, witnesses have reported cold spots, strange noises, uneasy feelings, and touches from an unseen hand. the whole airport has a weird feeling at night, Your email address will not be published. And Kinai Rd. Every weekday we compile our most wondrous stories and deliver them straight to you. The Bennett Home was purchased by the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) in 1982. In an effort to protect some locations, this is by no means a comprehensive urban exploration map. This hotel was built in 1912, and claims of hauntings have been reported there ever since. The Mojave National Preserve has an expansive history of volcanic activity. Ghostly voices are heard in the bar, and diners have reported seeing menacing shadowy apparitions on the ground floor. Once home to a thriving oil industry, this town now sits eerily abandoned. They released a draft of the project which specified how to repair the damage. Its basin is below sea level and gravity makes it impossible for the waters of this seaor, more correctly, saline laketo drain into the ocean. Also reported were flickering lights and cold spots. It was all feelings of evil and I would advise everyone to stay away, as it didnt feel safe. The next thing that separates this sea from the others that it has no connection to the oceans. Like Atlas Obscura and get our latest and greatest stories in your Facebook feed. Cemeteries near Hesperia, CA This historic bed and breakfast was built in the 1870's as a retirement residence for a notable family. The ruins of an 18th-century mansion that was once named "Mistake" by the man who had it built. Adelanto, CA (2.3 mi.) Along with him were many prostitutes, gamblers, and other people with crime connections. Share Tweet. Voice your opinion here! I live very close to here. Reportedly, a theater youth group concocted a story to explain the theater's ghostly presence. Texas staff writer for Only in Your State, blogger for Power of Positivity, and freelance health, wellness, and travel writer. The only thing still moving in this town is the eponymous hot spring. Where decommissioned airplanes and helicopters go to become part of Hollywood. The idea was to construct a dam that would trap the water and build a marine sea in both the northern and southern parts of the Salton Sea, as well as one more along the western shores. Screams and pleading children's voices are said to be heard late at night. Irontown was founded in 1868, as a second attempt to mine iron from the nearby Iron Mountain. In the women's bathroom, faucets turn on and off by themselves. The Ultimate Guide for 2023, How To Find Abandoned Places With Google Maps In 2020, The 10 Most Interesting Abandoned Places In Jacksonville FL, Explore Abandoned Buildings: How To Get Permission In 2020, Dead Malls: A Comprehensive Guide To Abandoned Malls. Nikaleahpaige@gmail.com. The tree covers some old stone ruins which are now heavily covered in graffiti and refuse. As i was taking pics i heard sound like a door slammed down below the stairs i have so much respect for places like this idk whats wrong with me everytime i come here i want to cry and at the same time Im comfortable here. This is Marfa, Texas, and if you havent made your way to this notorious Texas ghost town just yet, its the kind of place you need to check out. Ive decided to share a few places and write about them on the blog. The bed and breakfast is reportedly haunted. Once an air force base from World War II to the early 1990s, the area has since been abandoned. Not budge or open at all so wen walked around and we came back to wheee that door was we where standing across from it as I looked it slowly opened so I said hey Guys didnt we just try opening that door and they said yes and we eeee like how in the world is this it took all of us to try and open that door but it wouldnt open. DISCLAIMER: This page might contain information about activities that are not completely legal in all countries. In addition to the town itself, there is an actual Prada store in the middle of the desert in Marfa. If you had permission how did you get it? When I went in I was walking thru the hospital I heard a bang on the wall. at this point my entire team panicked and we began jogging out the building. What do you think? What do you think? Her ghost has been reported, wearing a white gauzy dress. I hope Im not disappointed. The State Theatre was built in 1927 and has brought many attractions throughout the years, such as silent films, operas, circus acts, plays, ballets, and music shows. Mrs. Field died shortly after the mansion Occultists started a fire on this mountain back in 2002. Me my son and daughter are trying to set up a group and if you wish to join email me at ArmyDocL1974@outlook.com msg title join HDPR, Me and A group of friends just went and i didnt expect what we saw we went to the abondon movie theater and houses and we saw flashing lights moving in the shadows and rolling on flash light we ran fast as shit to our car and there was a car following us and we were scared as shit the car randomly disappeared it was a black truck so watch out, i went today and i was about to enter one street but at the end of the street was an all black 2016 tacoma and it had its lights on and i assumed it was security so i started backing out and then its lights went off lmao i got scared as shit and went back home. or legendary amature paranormal society. Can you please email it to me i work on base amd would like to hear my email is cjsteezy1234@gmail.com thank you, Please email it to me too ! The 1906 Old Jail is said to be haunted by a sheriff's wife. It's a unique little community. Finally the worlds of UFO enthusiasts and beef jerky lovers have come together in this roadside shop. Victorville, California. Get Directions . it could have been us, and i have so many questions to who and what the hell the motive was, i also have raw footage from our visit and i need to process it for evps but havent had the chance, but i now know that there is for sure something wrong with this place! As I went further in and thru the area I found no one. Follow us on social media to add even more wonder to your day. From battlefields to mansions and hospitals, Michigan has a little something for every paranormal fan! The activity includes full-bodied apparitions, beer bottles being thrown, lights flickering, footsteps, and other Legend has it that on Halloween every year, blood appears on the table between the three marble chairs in the graveyard's southeast part. When the ghost realizes she has been seen, she disappears. (Submitted by Callum Swift). For urban explorers, the only thing more thrilling than a theme park is an abandoned theme park. Because the theatre had such a variety of shows, there seem to be multiple ghosts that like to haunt the building. Attempted to go a few nights ago security ran us off bit found good places to park just be careful security is bad out there went through some of the houses an explored damn near the whole hospital have videos of inside as well will go again if any one cares to take a trip let me know, I went in there today 3-8-2018 i walked into the back and i just felt like i was super heavy in my Chest. Nearby Haunted Places. Every room I looked in I saw something out of the corner of my eye and the moment I looked it was gone. Im going out to George AFB in January for a World War II re-enactment, and thanks to all of these spooky stories, I am REALLY looking forward to it now! After being in there we heard banging and voices whispering. non sequitur examples in the crucible,